We currently have no scheduled mission trips for 2017. Below is information about our Ugandan missions.
The orphan ministry of Baptist Children’s Home and Family Services has spanned nearly a century beginning with the founding of the Baptist Orphanage in 1918. Throughout the years, we have provided Christ-centered services to those in your Jerusalem, Judea and in Samaria. Now, BCHFS is going to the Ends of the Earth…and YOU are invited to come along and take part in the program we call Latreia International!
BCHFS has a partnership with Arise Africa International and their Bukaleba Babies’ Home, located in Bukaleba, Uganda. The orphanage is a relatively new facility which provides a home to over 50 children, age birth to 8.
As part of our Latreia International ministry, BCHFS is hosting bi-annual mission trips to the Bukaleba Babies’ Home. YOU are needed to help us share the love and hope of Jesus Christ by ministering to the spiritual and physical needs of these precious children!
Click here to download/view the Latreia International Mission Application Form.
JULY 18-30, 2016 :: Uganda Mission Trip (Approximate Cost – $3,000 to $3,500)
Please join us for our 2016 upcoming Uganda Mission Trip. Contact us for more information on this exciting upcoming mission trip. Contact Doug Devore, LSW, BCHFS Executive Director at (618) 382-4164 or by email.
Note: It is necessary to have a Yellow Fever immunization to travel to Uganda. It is recommended to have: Typhoid, updated Tetanus and anti Malaria medication. It is also strongly recommended that missionaries have all of their routine immunizations up to date before traveling.
Note: The maximum number of people we can take with us is 15 people,
and our traveling missionaries must be at least 12 years of age.
Tentative Trip Itinerary (typical schedule) – Actual itinerary may vary depending on flight schedules.
- Day 1 – Fly out of St. Louis
- Day 2 – Arrive in Entebbe, Uganda, stay in Kampala
- Day 3 – Travel to Bukaleba, meet staff and children
- Day 4 – Work at Babies’ Home
- Day 5 – Attend church and work at the Babies’ Home
- Day 6 – Work at the Babies’ Home
- Day 7 – Work at the Babies Home
- Day 8 – Travel to Murchison Falls National Park
- Day 9 – Safari and Nile Cruise
- Day 10 – Travel to Kampala, see falls or visit Rhino Sanctuary
- Day 11 – Shopping day/ fly out of Entebbe in the evening
- Day 12 – Arrive in St. Louis