Latreia International: Extending Hope Through Uganda Christian Mission Trips
Experience a Mission of Purpose and Hope
The orphan ministry of Baptist Children’s Home and Family Services has spanned nearly a century beginning with the founding of the Baptist Orphanage in 1918. Throughout the years, we have provided Christ-centered services to those in your Jerusalem, Judea and in Samaria. Now, BCHFS is going to the Ends of the Earth…and YOU are invited to come along and take part in the program we call Latreia International!
BCHFS has a partnership with Arise Africa International and their Bukaleba Babies’ Home, located in Bukaleba, Uganda. The orphanage is a relatively new facility which provides a home to over 50 children, age birth to 8.
As part of our Latreia International ministry, BCHFS is hosting bi-annual mission trips to the Bukaleba Babies’ Home. YOU are needed to help us share the love and hope of Jesus Christ by ministering to the spiritual and physical needs of these precious children! Our NEXT MISSION is currently scheduled for 2018.
Mission Service Opportunities
There will be numerous opportunities to use your unique skills, talents, and spiritual gifts to minister to the children of the Bukaleba Babies’ Home. Below are just a few of the service possibilities.
- Vacation Bible School
- Hut-to-Hut Evangelism
- Preaching in Local Churches
- Medical Care
2018 :: Uganda Mission Trip (Approximate Cost – $3,900 to $4,200)
Start planning for our upcoming 2018 Uganda Mission Trip. Contact us for more information on this exciting upcoming mission trip.
Note: It is necessary to have a Yellow Fever immunization to travel to Uganda. It is recommended to have: Typhoid, updated Tetanus and anti Malaria medication. It is also strongly recommended that missionaries have all of their routine immunizations up to date before traveling.
Note: The maximum number of people we can take with us is 15 people,
and our traveling missionaries must be at least 12 years of age.
Tentative Trip Itinerary (typical schedule) – Actual itinerary may vary depending on flight schedules.
- Day 1 – Fly out of St. Louis
- Day 2 – Arrive in Entebbe, Uganda, stay in Kampala
- Day 3 – Travel to Bukaleba, meet staff and children
- Day 4 – Work at Babies’ Home
- Day 5 – Attend church and work at the Babies’ Home
- Day 6 – Work at the Babies’ Home
- Day 7 – Work at the Babies Home
- Day 8 – Travel to Murchison Falls National Park
- Day 9 – Safari and Nile Cruise
- Day 10 – Travel to Kampala, see falls or visit Rhino Sanctuary
- Day 11 – Shopping day/ fly out of Entebbe in the evening
- Day 12 – Arrive in St. Louis