Home > News & Events > Southern Illinois Charity Golf Scramble
16th Annual Southern Illinois Charity Golf Scramble
Held at Green Hills Golf Club, Mt. Vernon, IL on
Saturday, October 5, 2013.
It's surprising even to us that sixteen years after Norris Price first encouraged the Children's Home to participate in a golf tournament, our Southern Illinois Golf Scramble would be the largest charitable golf tournament in Southern Illinois, attracting more than 200 golfers each year. We hope that this year's event will be bigger and better than ever – getting even more people involved in the cause for kids and families! It's always a time of great fellowship and certainly blesses the children and families in our care. Click here to view this year's brochure and registration form.
- When: Saturday, October 5
Morning and Afternoon Tee-Times Available.
- Where: Green Hills Golf Club,
Mt. Vernon, IL
- What: Four-person
"best ball scramble" format.
- Registration: Registration closes September 20 or when the first 68 teams are signed up (32 teams in the morning session and 36 teams in the afternoon session).
- Entry Fee: $65.00/per person = $260 for complete team – covers greens and cart fees; team photo and lunch.
- Prizes: There are numerous prizes in this
flighted scramble to include prizes for the
Longest Drive, Longest Putt and Closest to
the Pin Competition. There are also multiple
Hole-In-One prizes including a Golf Cart & a fabulous trip for 2 to Hawaii.
- Registration: Register on-line, or send Team names and contact phone number, with $65.00 registration check (per person) to BCHFS (indicate "S.I. Golf Scramble" in memo line of check), 949 Co. Rd. 1300 N, Carmi, IL 62821.
- More Information: Conact Rhiannon Storm at (618) 622-3881.
The REGISTRATION PROCESS
Fill-out your team's information below and submit the form, and then follow instructions for either online payment, or payment via the US Mail.
- Pay Online Credit Card: If you wish to pay by credit card, then fill out the appropriate online form information below regarding your team first. Then click the Register Team button which will redirect you to the online payment page (your team members info will be sent to us). Fill out the credit card information and pay online. Important: please be sure to select "Southern Golf Tournament" in the "Events" drop-down menu on the following payment page. The cost is $65 per person for this event.
- Pay in Person or by US Mail: If you wish to pay via the US Mail for this event (cash/check), then simply fill out your team's information below, and hit the Register Team Now button. Next, CLOSE the 'online payment' screen you are directed to, and instead mail your payment by mail to:
- Mail Payment to: BCHFS Administration Office
Attn: So. Illinois Golf Scramble
949 County Rd. 1300 N., Carmi, IL 62821 - (618) 382-4164
Note: Twenty three dollars of each $65 entry fee is tax-deductible. BCHFS is a private non-profit 501(c)(3) agency operating in affiliation with the Illinois Baptist State Assoc. BCHFS serves children and families without regard to race, gender or religious preference. With the exception of some fees related to adoptions, services are provided regardless of a client’s ability to pay. Donations are tax deductible as allowed by law.
> back to top
Green Hills Golf Club
3800 E. Fairfield Rd.
Mt. Vernon, IL. 62864
Pro Shop: (618) 244-3961
Office: (618) 244-9706
Website: Click Here
Click here to view this year's brochure and registration form.
This year's Southern Region Tournament
steering committee members include:
John Beam, Joe Booth, Steve
Chamness, Benita Coffel, Doug Devore, Carla
Donoho, Jason Eubanks, Tom Hammill, Tom
Hester, Randy Jenkins, Bob Jesop, Mike Lamb,
Darrell Mays, Mike McClure, Rhiannon Storm,
Richard Montgomery, Paul Sadler, Ken
Steward, Mike Stewart, Robert White, Valerie Jenkins and Chris Bean.
For more information conact
Rhiannon Storm at